Frequently Asked Questions
We have answers!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is STRATAFOLIO a desktop or web-based application?
STRATAFOLIO is an online web-based, secure, mobile-friendly software application service made for people who own, manage or lease real estate and use QuickBooks Online or QuickBooks Desktop as their accounting software.
How secure is STRATAFOLIO?
At STRATAFOLIO, we make security one of our top priorities. That is one of the many reasons why we chose Microsoft Azure as our hosting provider. We gained many security benefits that come with the Azure infrastructure on our hardware and software. We have also gone above and beyond what is required in the industry to ensure your data is secure.
When you join STRATAFOLIO, you get:
- All your data is encrypted with a 256-bit Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol.
- Your sensitive data and uploaded documents are encrypted at rest as an added layer of security.
- We require a 12-character password containing at least 1 number, one non-letter or number, one lower case letter, and one upper case letter.
- We also hash all stored passwords, so even if anyone would obtain that information, those passwords would be hashed, so no one would be able to read them. When a password is hashed, it’s turned into a scrambled representation of itself, making it mathematically impossible to recover the original password.
- We implemented measures to protect against brute-force attacks by blocking someone for 30 minutes after they had six failed login attempts.
- We implemented measures to protect against Cross-Site Scripting (XSS). This prevents users from sending malicious code, generally in a browser side script to a different end-user.
- We also implemented measures to prevent against Cross-Site Request Forgery (XSRF/CSRF) attacks. These types of attacks would force an end-user to execute unwanted actions on a web application in which they’re currently authenticated.
- We have a rigorous annual security audit that entails penetration testing and security best practices along with Intuit security requirements. https://developer.intuit.com/app/developer/qbo/docs/go-live/publish-app/security-requirements
- We have a firewall strictly limiting access to the database.
- The only way a user can access STRATAFOLIO is if a STRATAFOLIO authorized user invites another user from within an existing organization. An admin can revoke login access for a user at any time.
- For your security, STRATAFOLIO doesn’t cache sensitive information.
- STRATAFOLIO uses servers and data centers that have been certified to industry standards. Certifications include ISO 27001 (data security), ISO 27017 (cloud application security controls), and ISO 27018 (protection of data in the cloud).
- Your data is continuously backed up and retained for 35 days, to guard against accidental deletion.
- STRATAFOLIO uses Geo-Replication. Meaning, if our servers in our primary region go down, we immediately switch to a backup region. As a result, you can expect no interruptions in our services.
Can someone help me get started?
Yes! We know you are a busy professional growing your business, and STRATAFOLIO is here to help you get started. We work with your team to gather all the necessary information, load your data, and train and complete a final audit with your team. This is part of our onboarding process.
Is there a charge for the onboarding?
Yes, there is a one-time onboarding fee that is based on the size of your organization and the amount of data that will be set up in your account. Contact us for more information to schedule a free demo and evaluation.
Is there a license fee per user?
No, in fact, we believe providing access to all your key team members (internally or externally) provides visibility to help unify and synchronize your entire team and organization.
Do I need to have QuickBooks to use STRATAFOLIO?
Yes. STRATAFOLIO currently integrates with both QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop. If you have another integration from another accounting system you would like us to consider, please send us an email so we can add you to our waiting list of future integrations.
I have QBD for Mac. Can I use STRATAFOLIO?
No, unfortunately, QuickBooks Desktop (QBD) for Mac does not support Web Connector. This makes it incompatible with STRATAFOLIO because we use Web Connector to synchronize the data between QBD and STRATAFOLIO.
DO YOU HAVE ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS?
If you’d rather schedule a demo to find out how we can help, or if do you want to download more information about STRATAFOLIO, select one of the buttons below.
We are here to help!