Adding additional users to STRATAFOLIO will allow your entire team to be involved in your organization at a level of access that you feel comfortable and can control. As the owner, you will be the Administrator and can set the user access for those you invite.
By adding more of your personnel as users to STRATAFOLIO, you give your team the ability to add edit and/or view the most up-to-date information about your organization. Users are able to track things as they happen and so can you. The Administrator, Manager, Reader, Property Manager, and Maintenance levels all have specific permissions that limited their access to your organization’s information depending on their duties. For example, at the Maintenance level, users can view & edit information regarding work orders but they do not have access to the organization’s financial information.
Access User Roles
The access roles below are discussed within this article. These roles are added through the Manage Users view and only an Administrator can give access to these roles.
- Administrator – A user with an Administrator role is able to manage other users. They are also able to add/view/update/delete anything within the entire organization.
(NOTE: if you have an administrator role, you do not need to add any of the other roles below. The Administrator role provides the highest access to your organization.)
- Manager – A user with a Manager role is not able to add/view/update/delete other user roles or any Organization-specific information. They are also able to only add/view/update anything else within the organization but do not have delete capabilities.
- Reader – A user with a Reader role is not able to add/view/update/delete other user roles or any Organization-specific information. They are only able to view anything else within the organization, but they cannot add/update/delete.
- Property Manager – A user with a Property Manager role is able to add/edit/view the organization’s hierarchy which includes assets, buildings, and units. Additionally, they can add/edit/view all work orders, tenants, and leases in the Organization. They are not able to add/edit/view any financial dashboards, or investors within the organization.
- Maintenance – A user with a Maintenance role is able to add/edit/view all work orders in the Organization. They are not able to view any financial data across the Organization or edit anything else in the organization that is not a work order.
STRATAFOLIO also offers special access to Investors and Tenants. Adding access to these can be granted by the Administrator, Manager, and Property Manager. Access to these roles is given through the Contacts views.
- Investor – A user with an Investor role is able to view information only for the legal entities the investor is invested in within the Organization, but they cannot add/update/delete.
- Tenant – A user with a Tenant role is able to view limited lease information for the leases where the user is a tenant within the Organization. The Tenant role is able to upload documents, schedule recurring ACH payments and make one-time ACH payments if the landlord has enabled that option.
How to Give Others Access
- Log in to an Administrator account in STRATAFOLIO.
Only Administrators can add/edit user access.
- Select the Organization tab under the Hierarchy on the dashboard. Click on the ellipsis and then select Manage Users.
- Select Add User on the Manage Users page..
- Choose a Contact from the dropdown selections, or select Add A Contact to add someone new.
- Select the desired level of access. When hovering over the, a full description of each level will appear to help you make the right choice for each contact. Once done with your selections, click Add User.
(NOTE: The Investor and Tenant roles follow a different process than the other access roles. Managers or Property Managers are able to add the Investor and Tenant roles.)
Email Received by New User
- STRATAFOLIO will invite the new user via email.
TIP: Let the new user know when you send the invitation. New users have 24 hours to accept the invitation. If they do not activate the account within 24 hours, an administrator can resend the invitation by selecting the person button on the Manage Users page (see Step 2).
Delete or Change User Access
- When a User’s access needs to be modified or removed, simply go to the Manage Users page (see Step 2) and there will be a list of all Users in the system and their access level. Administrators have the ability to edit user access by selecting the pencil icon .
Would you like to learn more about what STRATAFOLIO can do to help you manage your Commercial Real Estate Properties? Contact us for a demo, we’d love to show you all that STRATAFOLIO has to offer!
If you have any suggestions about what kinds of functionality you would like to learn more about STRATAFOLIO, let us know. Please send us an email at [email protected]