Adding additional users to STRATAFOLIO will allow an entire team to be involved in the organization at a level of access that is comfortable and, above all, easily controlled. As the Administrator, the owner is able to set user access to others through an invitation.
By adding more personnel as users to STRATAFOLIO, entire teams gain the ability to add edit and/or view the most up-to-date information about the organization. Moreover, users are able to track things as they happen, just like the owner. There are several different levels of permission that can be granted: Administrator, Manager, Reader, Property Manager, and Maintenance. Each of these levels have specific permissions that limit access to an organization’s information depending on their duties. For example, at the Maintenance level, users can view & edit information regarding work orders, but they do not have access to the organization’s financial information.
Access User Roles
The following is a list of the roles that STRATAFOLIO has available. These roles are added through the Manage Users view and only an Administrator can give access to these roles.
- Administrator – A user with an Administrator role is able to manage other users. They are also able to add/view/update/delete anything within the entire organization.
(NOTE: if you have an administrator role, you do not need to add any of the other roles below. The Administrator role provides the highest access to your organization.)
- Manager – A user with a Manager role is not able to add/view/update/delete other user roles or any Organization-specific information. They are also able to only add/view/update anything else within the organization but do not have delete capabilities.
- Reader – A user with a Reader role is not able to add/view/update/delete other user roles or any Organization-specific information. They are only able to view anything else within the organization, but they cannot add/update/delete.
- Property Manager – A user with a Property Manager role is able to add/edit/view the organization’s hierarchy which includes assets, buildings, and units. Additionally, they can add/edit/view all work orders, tenants, and leases in the Organization. They are not able to add/edit/view any financial dashboards, or investors within the organization.
- Maintenance – A user with a Maintenance role is able to add/edit/view all work orders in the Organization. They are not able to view any financial data across the Organization or edit anything else in the organization that is not a work order.
STRATAFOLIO also offers special access to Investors and Tenants. Adding access to these can be granted by the Administrator, Manager, and Property Manager. Access to these roles is given through the Contacts views.
- Full Access Investor – A user with a Full Access Investor role is able to view information pertaining to the legal entities the investor is invested in within an Organization, but they cannot add/update/delete other data. This role is only able to upload files within their investor dashboard, and they can only update/delete files if those files were uploaded with those settings enabled.
- Restricted Access Investor – A user with a Restricted Access Investor role is able to log in to their corresponding restricted Investor Dashboard. This role restricts the user from viewing other items the other roles have access to. They can only view items within their private dashboard. In their dashboard, the investor will be able to view any distributions that the investor received, and they will see a high-level view of all of the investments that the investor is associated with. This role is only able to upload files within their investor dashboard, and they can only update/delete files if those files were uploaded with those settings enabled.
- Tenant – A user with a Tenant role is able to view limited lease information for the leases where the user is a tenant within the Organization. The Tenant role is able to upload files, schedule recurring ACH payments and make one-time ACH payments in the case the landlord has enabled the ACH option. This role is only able to upload files within their investor dashboard, and they can only update/delete files if those files were uploaded with those settings enabled.
How to Give Others Access
- Log in to an Administrator account in STRATAFOLIO.
**Only Administrators can add/edit user access.
- Select the Organization tab under the Hierarchy on the dashboard. Click on the ellipsis and then select Manage Users.
- Select Add User on the Manage Users page.
- Choose a Contact from the dropdown selections, or select Add a Contact to add someone new.
- Select the desired level of access. When hovering over the i, a full description of each level will appear to help with making the right choice for each contact. Once done with selections, click Add User.
Note: The Investor and Tenant roles follow a different process than the other access roles. Managers or Property Managers are able to add the Investor and Tenant roles.
Email Received by New User
- STRATAFOLIO will invite the new user via email.
TIP: Let the new user know when you send the invitation. New users have 24 hours to accept the invitation. If they do not activate the account within 24 hours, an administrator can resend the invitation by selecting the person button on the Manage Users page (see Step 2).
Delete or Change User Access
- When a User’s access needs to be modified or removed, simply go to the Manage Users page (see Step 2) and there will be a list of all Users in the system and their access level. Administrators have the ability to edit user access by selecting the edit icon.
Want to learn more?Would you like to learn more about what STRATAFOLIO can do to help you manage your Commercial Real Estate Properties? Watch our prerecorded 10-minute demo to learn how we can reduce your time and effort by 80%.
Do you want to talk to us directly about how we can help your organization-specific needs? Schedule a 1:1 demo tailored specifically to your organization’s individual goals and needs.