Keeping track of important paperwork such as leases, loans, certificates of insurance, and countless other files requires a savvy filing system for the Commercial Real Estate Property Manager. Because our focus at STRATAFOLIO is to offer solutions to streamline and simplify the Management for Commercial Real Estate owners, our software offers the option to upload and store files in a secure, organized location.
All the file types cannot exceed 30 MB in size.
The accepted file types are:
- Image files (jpg, jpeg, bmp, and gif)
- Other files (doc, docx, pages, ppt, pptx, key, rtf, txt, csv, xls, xls, numbers, pdf)
- Video file (mp4 and mov)
- Compressed files (zip)
Where to View and Upload Lease-Related Files
To begin uploading files related to a specific lease, first navigate to the Lease Details view. There are several ways to get to the lease details view. One way is through the Leases link. This view will show all the leases in your organization. This view will include old and current leases.
Once on the Lease Details page, select the Files tab.
From the Files tab you can:
- Upload files
- Download & view existing files
- Edit the file description
- Allow tenant access to a file
- Delete a file
1. Upload a File
To upload a file, from the File tab, click on the blue button and the Upload a File popup window will appear. In this window you have the following options:
- Gray Drag & Drop Rectangle – Drag or drop up to 10 files at a time into the gray rectangle or click in the rectangle to browse for the file on your computer.
- Upload Description – You can add a description in this section if needed.
- File Upload Restrictions – Hover your mouse pointer over the “i” to see limitation details on the types of files that can be uploaded. In general, files may be no more than 30MB and should be standard file types such as: .jpg, .pdf, .docx, .xls, etc.
After you have selected the file(s) to upload, click Upload File at the bottom of the popup and wait for the page to refresh. The file(s) you uploaded will appear at the bottom of the file list.
By default, all files are initially set to Hide access and cannot be viewed by the Tenant. You can update each file with View, Edit or Delete access, if you choose. If you do not change the file access, it will remain hidden from the tenant. Access levels and how to download & view files are discussed below.
2. Download & View a File
To view a file, click on the download button next to the file. This will download the file to your computer where you can open and view it.
3. Edit a File
To edit the file description, click the Edit button next to the file to open the Edit File Information popup. In this popup window you can edit the file description, delete the file and select the Tenant Access Level/Permissions for the file.
NOTE: By default, all files are initially set to Hide access and cannot be viewed by the Tenant. Once you invite your tenant to access the Tenant Portal in STRATAFOLIO, you can update each file with View, Edit or Delete access if you choose. If you do not change the file access, it will remain hidden from the tenant.
4. Allow Tenant Access to a File
Tenant access permissions can be edited by clicking the Edit button next to the file as described in #3, above. Once you click the Edit button, the Edit File Information popup will appear and you can select Tenant Permissions from a dropdown list.
File Access Permissions
There are four file permission levels for files in STRATAFOLIO. Detailed information for each level is below. For more information on file uploads and what the tenant view is like in the Tenant Portal, click here.
- Landlord File Upload: When a landlord or the landlord’s agent initially uploads a file to STRATAFOLIO, it will have Hide access and will not be visible to the tenant in the Tenant Portal.
- Tenant File Upload: When a tenant initially uploads a file to STRATAFOLIO, the tenant will have full access to view edit & delete the file until the landlord changes the permissions.
NOTE: The landlord can change the access level for files that the tenant uploads
- View: View access allows a tenant to download and view the file. The tenant cannot edit the file description or delete the file.
- Edit: Edit access allows a tenant to download and view the file and edit the file description. However, the tenant cannot delete the file.
- Delete: Delete access allows a tenant to download and view the file, edit the file description and delete the file.
- Hide: If the landlord has selected to hide access to a file, the tenant will not see the file in their list in the Files tab of the Tenant Portal.
- A tenant cannot change the file access permissions. Access permissions can only be changed by the landlord.
5. Delete a File
To delete a file, open the Edit File Information popup by clicking the Edit button next to the file as described in #3, above.
Click Delete File in the lower right corner. Before the file is permanently removed, you will be asked to confirm that you want to delete it.
Want to learn more?Would you like to learn more about what STRATAFOLIO can do to help you manage your Commercial Real Estate Properties? Watch our prerecorded 10-minute demo to learn how we can reduce your time and effort by 80%.
Do you want to talk to us directly about how we can help your organization-specific needs? Schedule a 1:1 demo tailored specifically to your organization’s individual goals and needs.